Thursday, January 27, 2011

Resolution


During the month of January I felt like I was in a bit of a funk with exercising. We had lots and lots of snow so I was unable to get out for my morning walks. I also walk during my lunch hour whenever possible. Instead, I worked on shoveling the driveway, ate a ton of comfort food, and called it good. For a while, especially just before the holidays, I was doing so well! I told myself that I would eat a lot around the holidays so I needed to be good and not eat as many bad-for-you things before they came. Furthermore, I am in much better spirits when I do have a chance to walk.

Therefore, I resolved to start walking in the mornings again this week. It was cold. It was snowy. But I did it! I have walked or ran every day since Monday. I have to say that I feel much better and my unhealthy eating (e.g. candy from the office candy dish...why do they even buy it?) is also more in control.

Did you fall off the healthy bandwagon this January?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

When we were on vacation the past few days Tom and I ate whatever we wanted, but we did walk a lot, so hopefully it equaled out! Tom is still going to the gym, and I am usually sticking with my indoor walking program, so I am feeling good about that.

Well-Sugared Student said...

Good work!! That song "back in the saddle again" is in my head!

Yup - I fell off for about two weeks, then we got a treadmill and I am back in the saddle again. Seriously feeling better mood-wise and about my body. I was actually feeling a bit depressed. Eek.

Well-Sugared Student said...

btw -- food at work...argghhhhh. I am just glad we're in between holidays. Valentine's day will probably equal more candy though.

Speaking of candy -- Cadbury Eggs are BACK.