Monday, January 17, 2011

Hoot hoot

Source

Yesterday morning I woke up verrry early (6:30 a.m.) while it was still dark outside. The animals were stirring. All of a sudden, I heard a "hoot hoot, hoot hoot!" After listening to it for a while, I got up and saw Thorina looking out of the living room window. I saw where she was gazing and I saw the silhouette of two hoot owls very far up in a tree.

Aack! Are hoot owls dangerous for things like small doggies going potty outside? They look kind of scary.

3 comments:

Kate said...

They can be dangerous! They may not succeed at carrying one off (unless it was a chihuahua or something) but they can hurt them.

I just googled it, and here's one article:
http://www.owlpages.com/news.php?article=283

Anonymous said...

RORO said Yes they are! Watch you dog and cats closely. We were in Florida for 5 days and on their news this morning they talked about an owl picking up a Chihuahua dog and plopping him down again, after the owner was sceaming at the owl. The dog was wearing a coat and the owl's talon went thru the coat and puctured the dog's skin. This is a true story!

Kathy said...

I first thought that you were lucky to have the excitement of seeing and hearing a hoot owl. It wouldn't have occurred to me that they could be dangerous!