Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Party

A few weeks ago, we had a Christmas party at our house. It was our first party since the housewarming party, so it was fun to plan and fun to have some new and old friends over for Christmas cheer!

We served a buffet of appetizers and had lots of fun drinks. I have to share my very favorite new holiday drink that I created from some recipes I tried.
Christmas cookie martini

- one part Bailey's
- one part vanilla vodka
- one part Butterscotch Schnapps

Shake together in a martini shaker and serve cold. Rim your class with sugar and serve!
Please excuse my tacky serving dishes. My beautiful Christmas china was being used for the food!

We also served a Candy Cane Martini (if you look closely in the picture above, you will see that our sugars and signs were mismatched). The candy cane martini was a recipe from a cooking class I attended but was too strong for my taste.

I love to entertain people at my house so the party was a great way to get into the Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the drinks sound great!
cindy

Sarah said...

That drink sounds so delicious! I may have to pick up some Butterscotch Schnapps while I'm out today. I can make one for myself tonight, to celebrate the kids' being in bed!