Friday, November 19, 2010

Who caught it?

Why of course I am talking about the Throwdown with Bobby Flay and Pioneer Woman.

Last week my sister-in-law texted me, "Did you see that Pioneer Woman is going to be on Throwdown with Bobby Flay?"

(Side note: we both love Pioneer Woman. If only because we make her recipes full of butter and deliciousness and love it.)

Why, yes I had. And I was totally stoked.

Spoiler: Pioneer Woman won.

What did you think? I kind of feel like the throwdowns always tilt to the person who is being challenged by Bobby, and I am convinced that the show is rigged (this may seem obvious to everybody else but me).

I kind of thought that Pioneer Woman had an advantage because of the entire potato thing. I mean, come on, Bobby. I don't even like mashed potatoes, yet I know that if I were in a Throwdown with Pioneer Woman I would be calling my grandma to get her best mashed potato recipe. Of course they will win over brussels sprouts...

Also, good call on Bobby's part to sub the pumpkin pudding for whatever he had at first.

What did you think?

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I saw that preview! I said to Steve, "ITS THE PIONEER WOMAN!!!!" To which he replied... "the who?" LOL I was totally excited to see her on tv too!

Heather said...

Actually I did not know Pioneer Woman till I started to hear about her on your blog. :) Yes, I did see that episode. I really thought Bobby might have a shot but in the end I figured Pioneer Woman would win mostly because of those mashed potatoes. I am sure the exposure on the Food Network will only help out Pioneer Woman. :)