Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2010 and our weekend

This year we bought costumes for Paco and Arwen. Paco charmed the trick-or-treaters with his Frog Prince costume and Arwen was absolutely adorable in her Miss Piggy costume:
On Saturday evening I went to Power and Light with my friend and we watched the costume contest. We saw a man dressed as a centaur, a woman who was dressed as a someone in labor (on a hospital bed, complete with attending nurses), a toy soldier, the invisible man, and a man dressed as a maxi pad (NOT kidding...it went wayyyyyy over the line). Power and Light was completely packed but a lot of fun.

Then on Sunday we had quite a few trick-or-treaters! Not surprisingly, we had a lot of Almond Joys left over. While we were handing out treats, we had several trick-or-treaters not say anything, and one asked David upon arrival, "How many can I have?" Sheesh. These kids are getting harder and harder to please. When we were little, we had to tell jokes, say "trick or treat?" and sometimes do a little dance for a piece of candy.

I also did a lot of cooking on Sunday...I made chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, Asian-style fried rice, and shrimp chowder. Yumzies.

How was your Halloween?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poor pets, no wonder the cats create problems during the year. It is payback for the costumes you make them wear.
Cindy

Kathy said...

I think Almond Joys are one of my mom's favorite candy bars. Even though some people advise the opposite, I only purchase Halloween candy which I like!

Our Halloween weekend was jam-packed and lots of fun, including parties Saturday and Sunday evening, Trunk or Treat at St. Theodore, Tom preaching another excellent homily at all three Masses, leading Bible Study, preparing for and hosting 30 people from our Mexico Mission trip for a lunch, plus enjoying Sarah's family for their annual Halloween visit!

Anonymous said...

I make everyone tell a joke except the little ones--I had 15 sixteen year olds at my door---one boy didn't have a joke--I told him to get to the back of the line and no candy until he had a joke. When he came up next he had a joke. They must think I am a B*****, but that is OK.