Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rocheport weekend

This weekend my fabulous friends and I went to Rocheport for a day. We had a great time and again, Rocheport did not disappoint!

We ate lunch at Abigail's...
Abigail's was amazing. My soup (clam chowder) and sandwich were delicious and I enjoyed every minute of it! Bikers streamed in and out from the Katy Trail. Yum!

We toured the winery and had a tasting...
The tasting was delicious and we sampled over 20 wines (don't worry, samples are tiny bits)! After that, we ate at Blufftop Bistro for supper. In my opinion, Abigail's was better than the bistro. I had the pasta, which was tasty, but not out-of-this-world awesome. I think that the bistro's chefs have changed hands a lot over the past year or so, so I hope that this one has good luck with his menu!

Overall, the weekend was wonderful and I enjoyed the company as well as the town. I just cannot say enough about how fun the trip to Rocheport is---the town never disappoints!

1 comment:

Jules said...

It was a fabulous day, can't wait to do it again next year!! :)