Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jess and Jim's Steakhouse

After buying a Groupon for Jess and Jim's Steakhouse, we decided to give it a try. After hearing a range of reviews including that it was not that great and that it was the best steak in Kansas City, I have to say that I think that it was a very enjoyable experience.

My issue with steaks is that my dad can cook a really, really great steak. Most people can't: I know that I would be lost if you handed me a grill and a raw hunk of meat. However, the result is that I have grown very spoiled because restaurants never seem to live up to my dad's steaks.

Jess and Jim's offered a very good steak, but my absolute favorite part was the steak soup. Do not miss out on this for their iceberg salads---this is the best part of the meal! This soup was loaded with beef and was sooooooo good. I could eat a gallon of it.


After that, we got our hunks of meat and I was reminded of why I am not a vegetarian. Jess and Jim's serves beets with their steaks, and a bite of beet and steak was delicious. I am not a huge meat eater, but this steak was very good. I'm not sure that I will be back without a Groupon or other coupon.

Was it the best steak in KC? I do not think that it lives up to that hype, but for a good meal, you can count on Jess and Jim's.

No comments: