Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lidia's KC and Grunauer

My dad's birthday was this weekend (happy late birthday, Dad!) and he has wanted to try Lidia's, an Italian place here in Kansas City, since we moved here. I inherited my love of cooking and food from my father, and he loves to watch Lidia's show on PBS. Since it was his birthday, I figured that it would be a great time to try it out, which is how on Saturday evening we found ourselves at Kansas City Freight House.

We met my aunt and uncle for supper but were a bit early, so we decided to grab a drink at Grunauer, an Austrian and German restaurant. I have been there once before with David's work for happy hour and remember the food being delicious. We decided to try it the next time my parents visited because as we sat there sipping away, the waiters brought wiener schnitzel to tables, which looked and smelled so good. My dad ordered quite possibly the best beer I've sampled in the United States, which was, of course, imported from Germany.

After enjoying our drinks and the smell of the delicious food, we walked over to Lidia's.

Lidia's was also amazing. I ordered the Lobster Risotto, which was loaded with lobster and fresh tomatoes. David ordered the pasta trio, a group of three pastas that were brought to your table. Overall, Lidia's was very good and the atmosphere was great. If you love Lidia or just love Italian food, I would definitely give it a try.

Lidia's KC
http://www.lidias-kc.com/

Grunauer
http://www.grunauerkc.com

No comments: