Thursday, August 12, 2010

Decorating advice

I want to spend some time decorating our new house. When we moved into it, the house was decorated so cutely and had wonderful paint colors and furniture to go with it. However, I feel that once the old owners moved their furniture out and we moved our furniture in, something does not work. Specifically I want to paint a bathroom, our living room and dining room, and the basement. Of course I will update on the status of the projects, but do you all have any decorating advice or favorite decorating blogs I can consult?

I thought about hiring a decorator, but 1. I didn't want to spend the money on it right now and 2. I actually enjoy decorating, so I don't think we will go that route.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

My mom is having fun thinking about decorating her condo. You are both lucky to have this topic on your agendas! We can discuss home decor next weekend when we are all together!

Danielle said...

I never did find any design blogs I liked, but one thing I did do was rip pages out of magazines anytime I saw something I liked. (Even some of the ads have really cutely decorated rooms, if you look closely!) I kept all of the pages in a folder and would look back through them as we were picking out paint colors, etc. It worked for us!

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to Better Homes and Gardens and they have lots of decorating advice in each issue. You may want to check out some current decorating books at the library. My girlfriend also has a friend of her daughter who majored in Interior Design that she pays $10/hr to help her figure out her new painting scheme. Do you know anyone like that? She just did her kitchen and dining room in solid colors like a green, gold, pale orange. She did walls in different colors. It really looks cool.

Well-Sugared Student said...

http://itsthelittlethingsthatmakeahouseahome.blogspot.com

I like this one