Saturday, July 10, 2010

Old friend

On Thursday, our old friend Matt returned from a year-long stint in the cosmopolitan metropolis of Abu Dhabi! Abu Dhabi is known for the fact that the average net worth of its citizens is a cool $17 million. Does anybody else think there is no way this can be right? Although I suppose if there are several trillionaires who live there, it could work.

I spent yesterday evening with Matt at a Happy (four) Hour(s), and enjoyed catching up with him. Matt attended college with Abbie and me, and we have been good pals for quite some time, so I am glad for the chance to reunite, albeit for a short time. He'll be attending a running camp in Ethiopia for most of August, and then is heading back to the aforementioned cosmopolitan metropolis for another whole year of teaching!

3 comments:

Chick in the Czech said...

I'm excited to see Matt!

Anonymous said...

RORO said thell him that I loved reading his blog until it did weird things to my computer. If he stillhas it ---will try again int he new school year!

Kathy, David's mom said...

Matt, I also enjoyed your blog. Spending your vacation at a running camp in Ethiopia--you must be crazy! I hope you have fun on your trip home. As the mom of another foreign ESL teacher, I'll bet your mom is thrilled to see you!