Monday, July 05, 2010

Cardinals

Two weekends ago, our old college friend Laura came to town for a little Cardinals/Royals showdown. We hung out with her and some other old friends, and it was a great weekend. Unfortunately, we saw the game on Sunday during which the Royals put the smackdown on the Cards. We still got to bbq and hang out with a pre-game tailgate, although it was about 119 degrees outside! I've never tailgated before a Cardinals game in St. Louis, and my recollection is that almost nobody does. This is a big mistake for St. Louisans to make, because the tailgating is often just as fun as the actual game.This was our first Royals game of the season, but hopefully we'll get to see a couple more this year!

4 comments:

Pop said...

I think that's my shirt!

Mom said...

Tom, I had the exact same thought--but then I thought that you and Davey probably don't wear the same size, so I guess Davey is just trying to ape you in his choice of shirt purchases!

Sarah said...

I thought they didn't have parking down by their stadium?

Anonymous said...

RORO said we saw the winner on Sat
but we didn't get to tailgate!