Monday, July 19, 2010

Babysitting

Hello, readers!! This is Abbie reporting in again for some special news: this is my 1,000th post! I love my blog and really appreciate all of my faithful followers. My following may be small, but it truly means a lot that you all stop by to read my ramblings. I am planning a funner post about my blog for when I return, and in the meantime, here is David again:

Hello, faithful readers. This past weekend, I had the pleasure to chaperone my two nieces and one nephew. They are generally delightful kids, but I was still a little worried that the evening would proceed like this (click image to enlarge):Luckily, there were no youthful rebellions, although Emma did get a little nervous when I added a non-macaroni type of pasta to the macaroni and cheese.

My greatest triumph of the evening was getting this young lady to sleep at a decent hour.When Sarah and Steve returned home, I was able to proudly proclaim my success. "She has been slumbering deeply for about an hour," I smugly stated. My assertion was punctuated by the pattering of the small feet of the young lady in question, who had evidently decided to make me look the fool.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha! Awake children or no, we really appreciated your babysitting!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying being able to read your blog again. For some reason I have been being kicked out and unable to keep up with you. I am back with you via my retirement gift to myself of a new computer.

Anonymous said...

RORO said keep babysitting--it will give you lots of experience when your kids come along---pets are different than kids!

Kathy said...

1,000 posts--Gosh, Abbie, that's amazing and impressive! I have certainly enjoyed your blog all these years.