Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sushi


Source
Last night I tried sushi for the first time. Oh wait, not really. I tried sushi for the second time---the first time was when I was in college. I went to an art gallery opening on campus and the campus cafeteria served "sushi", which I later found out was probably not really the best sushi to try. I mean, come on...it was made and served by the campus cafeteria. Anyway, it made me sick and I did not have a very good reaction to it.

Last night I tried it again after very much coaxing from my friend and from my husband. We went to RA Sushi in Leawood, which had a fun and trendy atmosphere. The service was pretty good for us, although I heard other people say that the service was bad. We tried about 8 different dishes and wow...I never knew what I was missing. Here is a word of advice: if you are being held back from sushi by a run-in with sushi from a weird cafeteria that was made in small town, try sushi again. It was sooooo good and I want some more right now. I have a feeling that these first-time sushi people will be eating a lot of the stuff in the next few months.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Next time you are in your old university town you will have to try the new Japanese place on the square. It is really good.........no more cafeteria stuff up here. :)

Katie said...

Gah! We love sushi!! Kona Grill on the plaza's pretty good, although 9 out of 10 times we get crappy service. We still go though b/c we like the food. We'll have to try the RA place you mentioned.