Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pre-graduation festivities

Last Friday I drove to Columbia for a few end-of-law-school events. The first was an informal memorial event at the law school for an Associate Dean who passed last Wednesday. The news was such a blow to the law school because he was beloved by many. The event was lovely and fitting tribute to a great dean.

I had to leave it early, though, because my friend Rach graduated from vet school!!!!! We are so proud of her and her accomplishments. My favorite thing was that she won a big award for being the best large animal vet student...after she was told years ago by a teacher in high school that she shouldn't pursue a large animal vet degree because she was too small! Gumption and determination make up for size, though, because she truly succeeded. Congratulations, Rach!After that was over, I went to a cocktail hour for the law school graduates. My family joined me, as well as my aunt and uncle's family. My cousin Michael also graduated that same night with an engineering degree.

After seeing some of my friends and professors, I grabbed our brothers and drove home!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations, Rachel, on your award!

Rachel said...

Thanks Ab!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

ABBIE---it's hard to believe that everyone is graduating.--YOU, Michael, Gregg, Colleen.
I love your vet friend's blog and sent its link to my friend that took over her mom's farm after her mom died. I told her to read about the PREGNANT COW thing. She emailed back and said she already knew that so she must be a farmer! RO