Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kansas City BBQ

One of the advantages of moving to Kansas City is that I have access to great BBQ. Barbecue is so delicious and I am so happy to be in the city known as the Barbecue Capital of the World. Last night we went to Jack Stack Barbecue in Martin City with David's family. Yum....
I ordered the burnt ends, baked beans, and french fries. The plate came heaping full of food and was just delicious. The burnt ends were of good meat, had a great flavor, and when smothered with spicy bbq sauce....just divine. The fries were also great but my favorite part of the meal was eating the baked beans. The baked beans come with flecks of meat in the beans and are smothered with the wonderful barbecue sauce. SO good.Jack Stack has great barbecue and has many locations throughout Kansas City. However, I know that other places like Arthur Bryant's, Oklahoma Joe's, and Jess and Jim's have good BBQ as well. What are your Kansas City Barbecue recommendations?

(P.S.- I forgot to take a picture of my food, so instead I am posting pics of my adorable niece.)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

We went to Jack Stack when Ash was still living in Overland Park! It was soo good! :) Rachel

kateohkatie said...

Well I ever order chicken or turkey (and sometimes I'm reduced to just fries and a Diet Coke :-P) but my family and I always enjoy going to Wabash (it's out east - sorta in the country), Hillsdale (about 1/2 hour south of town, in Kansas) which has the BEST SAUCE EVER, and I don't know if it's still there or not, but Smokestack in the northland (on North Oak) was always good too. Oh - and LC's, near the UMKC campus. When my mom was a student she'd get carryout there and bring it home for us all the time :-)

Kathy said...

Plus, Jack Stack's cheesy corn casserole is delicious, and the restaurant is very attractive inside!

Katie said...

My top 3 bbq in KC are OK Joe's, Jack's Stack, and Smokin Guns. The last one, Smokin Guns, is a little tiny shop located at 12th & Swift in North Kansas City. It is just amazing! I always get the lunch special with brisket on a bun, with potato casserole instead of fries. YUUM!!

so glad you're in kc! :)