Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Delicious

Woah, thanks SO MUCH for your help yesterday. Seriously. It helped a lot to have other opinions on the dresses! It looks like the pink is definitely out with only one vote, but the purple and the teal dress are still in the running. I will decide this weekend and definitely let you know what I choose!

In the meantime, feast your eyes on what we feasted this weekend. I made these cupcakes by The Pioneer Woman and woah these are very, very tasty. I mean REALLY tasty.
Can I just say something? Stop making cake form the box. I mean it. Cake that isn't from the box and is made by scratch doesn't take that much longer to make and is about a million times more delicious. The batter of these things was so good that David and I kept eating spoonful after spoonful until finally David said, "I have to put water in this bowl," meaning that he would douse the bowl with water so that the batter would be rendered inedible. After about 10 more licks that's what he did. We have to control our batter intake one way or the other.


In other news, I went to a gardening center on Sunday morning and bought a bunch of flowers. I really love flowers but after I got home I found out that our soil is so rocky that I maybe should not have bought so many. I laughed at all of the husbands who were either 1. obviously on kid duty while the mom was enjoying 30 minutes of peace and quiet or 2. getting last minute gifts for their wife. The place was packed! I also made the mistake of patronizing Hallmark on Saturday, but that was sweet because boys were everywhere picking out figurines for their mom.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I just read the cupcake recipe, and I didn't realize that the Pioneer Woman explains her instructions in such a darling way! No wonder you and Sarah like her so much! I think your sprinkles add a lot of charm to your cupcakes!