Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My birthday!


I had the best birthday! Unlike many people, my birthday is my favorite day of the year and I just love it!

On Saturday my mom came down and she, David, and I all ran in the St. Patrick's Day 5K run here in town. It was so much fun! (You can see my shirt in the picture above.) I did pretty well and finished well behind David. I came out of the chute (the line where they take your number to determine your place), turned around, said to David, "I guess we should start walking up the street to try to meet my mom as she finishes," and saw my mom finishing the race! It was amazing---I was so impressed with how well she did! David and I both got 14th in our age and gender categories and she got 6th! She was only about 15 places behind me! Pretty soon she will probably lap me.

That day David surprised me with a cake from Dairy Queen, my very favorite cake ever. That night we went to a Japanese Steakhouse, which was amazing! They make your food on a stove that is at your table. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

Then yesterday I had so many well-wishers that it made my day. Last night my parents came and we all enjoyed a traditional Irish feast of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and Irish soda bread. Last night we quickly went out to grab a green beer for fun. Here I am with my friend Matt:

I look horrid in that picture but you get the idea.

So I had a wonderful birthday and birthday weekend. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That sounds like a perfect extended birthday celebration! Plus, you have your exciting trip to look forward to!

Peter said...

Happy birthday, Abbie! I'm glad you had a great time. It sounds like a lot of fun. I hope David enjoyed the Irish meal!

Anonymous said...

It might interest you to know that corned beef and cabbage is not Irish. You can look here, http://www.kavanaghfamily.com/articles/2005/20050317_b.htm

Mr. B