Monday, June 30, 2008

One year

Today is our one year anniversary. It is so funny: all day I have been thinking of what I was doing a year ago...like eating breakfast, getting my hair done, and now, ten minutes before 5:30, I was sitting outside the church with my family, getting ready to be married. When I think back, it seems like the year has just flown by very quickly, which is the way life usually happens, I guess. We have grown a lot as a couple and as individuals during this last year by learning how to balance our individual interests but still have time to spend together as a couple.

Every day I am still thankful that I met David and we got married. I truly think that he is the love of my life. He encourages my interests and supports me to the max, which is especially invaluable during law school. He supports my hobbies, including playing music by getting a piano, creating by pestering me to draw him pictures and telling me to take an art summer class, and traveling to Europe with me. Such a supportive husband is wonderful to have.

So, I will leave you with some of my favorite things about David that I discovered this past year:
- He loves to sing while he is mowing. When he mows, I hear him, and think that the neighbors will get annoyed by his loud singing. But then I never ask him to stop because I enjoy hearing his happy tunes.
- Every night before we go to sleep I ask him to turn off the light, but this involves his reaching over me to do so. And every night he says, "but I'll pinch a nerve!" It is our little ritual that we both find hilarious for some reason.
- He is always smiling.

I always tell him that if the first year of marriage really is the hardest year, we are in for a pretty happy life. I know that in the future, we will always be smiling.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, how sweet! Happy first anniversary.
I didn't know Davey sang while he mowed grass. My dad did, and I do too. Do all the Iffrig relatives sing while we mow?!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
It sounds like you are very happy and that is wonderful.
Enjoy your blog.
LJ

Josh said...

Oh my gosh, Abs... an entire year!?

I am so so so very sorry.

;p

I love you two!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary!!! Yes, they do go by fast!!
I have been enjoying reading about your trip.

Love ya, Juanita

Rachel said...

Congrats Ab and David!!

Mrs. Haid said...

I agree with you on the first, hardest/easiest year of marriage!

I've never,ever heard him sing!

Dan is always smiling, too. He says its because of me. I bet that is why david smiles, too. :o)