Saturday, June 07, 2008

Official deck update

The boys have been working so hard on this deck, and now it is 9:51 and they are out there power drilling. I better call them in so that the neighbors don't complain!!

But seriously, the deck looks really cool. I was skeptical as to whether David would actually know how to build a deck, but now I have much more faith in his home improvement projects. We doubled or tripled our outdoor space today. Should we have done this, since we have such a small back yard (as far as our house value goes)? I'm not sure, but I will say that the area that is now covered up by the new deck was quite a hill and pretty much unusable as yard space, so I think it was a good move. Plus we will certainly enjoy it!

Today, while they worked on the deck, I painted the study purple and hand-painted a border on our bathroom walls. The study looks really great and the bathroom does as well, in my opinion. Since I painted the bathroom a really really bright yellow in the first place, I knew that I would probably have to repaint it anyway when we sold this house. However, I am secretly hoping that whoever buys the house appreciates our color scheme (rainbow) and creativity and does not want everything painted over in white again. We'll see, I suppose.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Can you send pictures of all of your, Davey's, and Peter's hard and creative work? We are so lucky to have handy husbands, aren't we?!
Kathy