Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lake weekend

Man, I fell behind with these posts.

Last weekend we went on David's family's summer vacation to a fun lake house. Every year, they rent this house on a lake, but with all the recent flooding, we were worried that we could not go in the lake/use the boats/etc. However, after a bit of dock moving on the part of David, his dad, and his brother, we were able to get out and enjoy the water.

Above is a picture of Emma's and my swimming. At first, she didn't want to get in the water but after a lot of convincing on the part of Peter and me, she finally agreed. Once she got into the water, she was a little scared but quickly got used to it and seemed to like it a lot!

Tubing with David, his brother, and his cousin was a bit adventurous. When I am on a tube or skiing, I enjoy being nice and safe and doing stuff like holding onto the tube. As you can see, they convinced me otherwise:
They were goofy but fun. I also got to kneeboard, which was really cool.

On the Friday before we left, I rode with David to his work and met his co-workers. They were all so nice and fun! I love seeing where David works, and riding along made me appreciate his commute even more!

No comments: