Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Budapest: A fun side trip


After getting our opera tickets, we decided to do a bit of shopping to finish up our Thursday:

The next day, we headed out of the apartment and started to head toward Buda, where the castle is nestled across the Danube River. But before we did that, we ran alongside the Danube river and looked at all of the tour boats lining up to start river cruises. We also grabbed some pastries in a shop that was in the subway. The pastries were good, and the boys adored their cheap prices.

As soon as we got to the Buda side, we saw this:
Of course, the boys wanted to climb it. But before that, I had to head to the bathroom, for which I had to pay to use. David was not very pleased about that. We decided to climb up the stairs to the top of this hill, which provided many cool views:
And when we got to the top, we saw the coolest views of the city, which I will share tomorrow!

2 comments:

Maricar said...

I found your blog through a comment you left on Shawn's blog. I just wanted to say that these pictures are simply gorgeous. Wow. I really need to get a passport and travel.

Mrs. Haid said...

I'd love to travel with you guys! Dan and I haven't been overseas. Would you like to go to Korea next?