Friday, May 02, 2008

The Rain in Spain

Last night we had more thunderstorms which resulted in a dog sitting on my hair. Again. Poor David woke up with him and tried to get him off, but it was useless.

Then, this morning, while it was still raining and lightly thundering in the distance, I put him outside to go potty and went back into the house to gather my stuff. When I came back (with an armful of books), Paco was nowhere to be seen. "Paco! Paco!! PAAAAAACCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" I called. (With the way I call my dog and cat in the mornings, my neighbors probably think that I am crazy. If it isn't Paco, Thorina runs to the sewer first thing in the morning and then I am calling her.)

So, picking up the cat so that she does not get out and run away, I go outside and call. "PACCCOOOOOOO!"

This is fruitless so I decide to walk around and search for him in the rain. As Thorina realizes that being outside is not fun and in fact quite wet, she starts to cry. "MEERRRRROOOWWWW!!"

We are a sorry sight as I walk around to both sides of the house, starting to get frantic that Paco grew terrified and ran away for good.

And then I see him. He is about 9 houses down the street, looking at me, and probably laughing to himself. "PACO!" I yell. "GET BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!!" "MEWEERREOOOWWW" screams the cat. She starts to release herself from my grip, so I head back into the house to set her down. When I get back inside, Paco is heading up the walk to the wrong house. "PACO!" I say. "WE LIVE OVER HERE!!" He finally comes back, soaking wet and shivering.

And then he has the nerve to ask for a treat. "Yeah, right," I say.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a cute story! It is too bad Davey is on the road so early and can't help you with the morning pet routine.
Kathy