Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yummy

I have been trying to make a lot of new dishes lately. We had gotten into the habit of eating a ton of carbs--as in having either a pasta or a rice dish every single night. So, I looked up some recipes online for vegetables and other dishes.

The meal above was when I made yummy Polish sausage, red cabbage, potatoes, mushrooms, and green beans. The cabbage was so tasty: I used a recipe from the food network.

Last night, we had Salsa Chicken, a recipe that my friend Julie sent me. Mmmmm....it was so tasty as well!

Hopefully we can keep up the eating of lots of veggies. The problem is that they are so dang expensive...and meat is worse. But I suppose that eating a healthy diet is worth the investment!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad that you guys liked the salsa chicken!! Also, that meal in the pic looks amazingly tasty, and nice job getting lots of colors of veggies in-that's super healthy for you! Although I totally agree with you, eating healthy is costly, but I always try to remind myself that's it's very much worth it in the long run!

Shawn said...

Oh my goodness that looks yummy! Do you like tofu? I have a marinated/grilled recipe that is really tasty!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful supper! I can't figure out how to cook for two people; we keep having too many leftovers. But tonight is the not-so-healthy, but good, parish fish fry!
Kathy

Sarah said...

I agree - produce this time of year is expensive and often not even very good. At least we can look forward to the farmer's markets opening soon!