Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mardi Gras and our weekend

Since it is almost a new weekend, I thought that it would be good if I wrote a recap of last weekend! Last weekend we went to Mardi Gras with some friends. On Friday night, we ate dinner at David's house to celebrate some family birthdays, which was fun. Our niece and nephew actually had the chicken pox, which was fun to see---they really looked so weird with teeny tiny red spots on their faces---almost like acne! Luckily, I think that they are recovered, which is good.

On Saturday, we went to my friend Julie's house in the city (her house is so cute and cool, and incidentally, mere blocks away from where my mom spend her childhood and where my Grandma used to live). There we had a potluck breakfast and chatted until we were ready to go to Mardi Gras. It took us so long to get there because of the public transportation that we missed the parade, but had a fun time anyway. One issue was that it was very slippery on the streets, so here is a picture of David, Julie, and I holding each other up so that we did not fall on the ice:
After we left Mardi Gras, we ate at a fun Italian place for supper. On Sunday, we just came home!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I had so much fun visiting with you guys! I can't wait to see you both again!!

Kathy said...

I forgot how recently we had deep snow everywhere until I saw your picture!
Kathy