Monday, January 14, 2008

Mad

I have been annoyed with David this weekend because I have to get a new passport. The United States requires me to get a new passport since I changed my name. (What? They actually want people to have their correct name on official documents?) This makes me sad because I have to send in my old passport and thus all of my cool old study abroad stamps from different countries will be lost. GROWL! I was so proud of all my stamps, especially my Ireland one that was awesome and in green ink. How else will I remember that I have officially been to the Netherlands? (I never stepped foot outside the airport, but I have a stamp!)

So basically this is David's fault since he is the reason I changed my name. I am sending in a note with my old passport asking them to send it back, but I am sure that the people who work in the passport agency will just laugh at this letter and will probably post it as some doofy customer's request. Sigh.

Tonight I was (ahem) expressing my displeasure with this process (again) and David looked at me so mournfully with his lip out and said, "You are sad that you had to change your name?"

Sometimes I wish that my husband did not have such big, innocent looking blue eyes and was not so easily forgivable. He gets away with so much.

6 comments:

Joel said...

Make him wear sunglasses and it'll hide those baby blues.

Kathy said...

Peter finally applied for his passport yesterday, after much reminding!
Kathy

Peter said...

Much reminding and a little nagging.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I have renewed my passport, they always sent the old one back to me. They just punch a hole all the way through it in a corner. The note may not have been necessary at all.

Mr. B

Anonymous said...

Ro said....

Can you make a coppy copy of those stamps before you send it off?

Shawn said...

shoot I hope you get it back, or if you havent sent it in can you scan the pages?