Monday, December 31, 2007

Oops...

Three posts in one day...is this a record for me? I was reading my friend Joel's blog about his New Year's Resolution, and I forgot that I have not posted mine.

I think that my New Year's Resolutions (there are two) will be:
1. To continue to attempt to eat healthy foods--because buying really really processed junk is sooo easy and faster than cooking something, but I want to try and be nice to my body this year. Well, maybe this will have to wait until after the ski trip--after all, I am bringing Chex Mix and summer sausage. So that will start on January 5. Hmmmm...am I kind of defeating the purpose of this resolution?
2. To avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible. David and I explained to his parents that we don't really know of the supposed awful business practices that Wally World uses, but this resolution is simply because going to that place is sooo stressful. First, we have to fight crowds going down the aisles and then we have to wait in line at least thirty minutes to check out. Most of the employees are wonderful, but we have encountered a few who are downright mean and just make the already stressful experience a stress fest. Yes, we will have to pay slightly more for food and provisions, but hopefully I can be a little thriftier to make up for the increase in price.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ro said--

love reading your blog---keep up the great work--

just touched on Joel's education blog--would like to leave him a comment---but I only know how to do anonymous listing. Maybe I can catch Brian before he goes back to Dayton on Fri. to help me out.

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm happy that you are avoiding Wal-Mart. I think I've only been in a Wal-Mart one time in the last two years.