Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Blurb book

Almost two years after studying abroad in the Czech Republic (check out my early 2006 archives for a peek into the past), I am finally beginning to organize my pictures and create something that will help me remember my trip. I always felt jealous of my friend Colleen who had a beautiful scrapbook made within about two weeks of returning to the states, but after hearing about Blurb I decided to czech it out (ha...ha...that joke is still funny).

Blurb allows you to create a book at a pretty reasonable price. It is so handy because I am able to simply upload my pictures from Prague and my own text. I have been adding my own memories and using my blog posts for the text of the book. After I finish, I hope to have a coffee-table sized book full of wonderful pictures and memories! The best part is that I do not have to choose a limited number of pictures, which takes off a lot of the pressure of making the book in the first place.

I have begun enhancing my pictures on my computer using my picture program, and now I want to do it with ALL of the pictures I am including in my book. It is a lot of work, so I am unsure if I will actually do that, but I wanted to share some of my favorites with you:

This man always played the violin near the Prague Castle. We saw him almost every single time we walked past the Castle, and I always like to think about how I have this wonderful picture of his performing and he probably does not even know that I took the picture.

This was a picture of a Prague street.. I like the green bar that goes through the middle of the photograph, although I am sure that professionals would think that it ruins something in the picture:
One thing I adored about Prague was the surprising number of splashes of color everywhere. Look at the colors of these puppets:
I loved this souvenir shop. In my book, I cropped the picture a bit more.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have thought about making a blurb book, but it seems like it would take forever to go through all my old archives. I am excited to see yours when it's done!