Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Law school...ahhhhhh

Law school is really just kind of eating me right now. We only have three weeks left of classes and then start finals. The end is looming up ahead of me and it is not the time to sit back and relax anymore. This makes for a not so fun me.

However, sometimes my stress makes me laugh. In undergrad, I used to wait until the night before to begin writing papers. I would think nothing of waiting until the weekend before a test to even look over my notes. Now, I am freaking about tests that are a month away and about a paper that is due in a week and a half. Oh, how my perspective on school has changed.

Even though I get stressed (and a lot recently), I usually have a time when I sit back, relax, and say to myself, "why is this so important to me?" Honestly, I will probably graduate from law school (unless I get kicked out for having bad grades, ahem) and have a law degree. That is what matters, and really there is no reason to go through the next three years stressed and crabby. I truly think that someone performs better when they are happy and not going crazy, so I am basically waiting on that moment of clarity to arrive this week.

In other news, Paco and Thorina are getting along...better. They have started to tolerate each other. The cat is actually laying doen within a foot of the puppy right now. I am hoping that some day they will do cute stuff like snuggle together, but I am not keeping my fingers crossed right now.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Abbie, it was nice that you made the choice to spend the weekend with your friends and to spend time with Emma on Sunday when you could have been studying! Good luck in the next few weeks.
Kathy