Sunday, October 07, 2007

one year ago


This weekend we went to a wedding of two of my high school friends. It was really fun--and in the exact same church and reception site as ours. Crazy! They had a fun live band at the reception and some of my friends were bridesmaids as well. It was great to see some of my older friends and have fun at another great wedding.

Also, Thorina went with us back home. The poor kitty hates traveling in her travel case in the car. However, she did much better at my parents' house, and has not gone to the bathroom (as far as we know) in an alternative litter box since last Sunday! Yay!

One year ago from this past Saturday was when David proposed to me. If you want to read our engagement story, you can click on the October 2006 posts under my history bar. We are not very big on anniversaries (much to David's relief): we do not really know when we began dating, so we have not had to really even deal with them before. But so much has happened in the last year that it is hard not to stand back and reflect upon everything: getting engaged, buying our house, getting married, and so many firsts. I have certainly enjoyed the past year and look forward to many more with my best friend.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I loved reading both of your stories of your charming proposal. I can't believe that was only one short year ago! What a full and happy year!
Kathy
PS Davey, could you start blogging again in your spare time?