Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fed up

Today I decided that I was sick of the cat ruling this house. She has a litter box in the middle of the living room! Last night David and I looked up some options for breaking her of this habit. It seems that her peeing on the rug could be a result of the urine smell on the rug. Apparently, there is a high chance that she went to the bathroom the first time on the rug because she was sick and then kept going after because of the smell on the carpet. Either that or she needs anti-depressants because she is depressed.

Anyway, today I decided to lock her in the laundry room during the day with her food, toys, and the litter box. When I got home, I scrubbed the carpet with vinegar (apparently the best thing to rid a carpet of cat smell). I plan to scrub again tomorrow. Hopefully, she will remember where her original litter box is by being locked in with it all day long and also forget that she went on the carpet since the smell is gone. It has been an hour and a half since I returned home and so far the plan is working. We'll see how it goes.

I just finished making a ton of food for the rest of the week, including spaghetti sauce, buffalo chicken, potatoes, corn, and green beans. We won't have much time to cook for the rest of this week, so I knew that I needed to make a bunch of stuff today.

This morning I locked myself out of my car. The problem was that I also locked my laptop and books for a class in the car. The reason I did it was because I saw a law school friend, waved and said hello, and then pressed "lock" instead of "unlock" for my car. It was kind of goofy because I was like, "Hey Bob!" (hits lock and slams door) "Erp...can I borrow your cell phone?" I ended up calling David from work because I figured that his driving over to the garage would be less expensive than calling a locksmith. I still had to go through two of my classes without my laptop notes and of course my Torts teacher called on me blindly (i.e. without my raising my hand) for the first time today. Grr! Oh well.

Now I have to go do some homework and I may run a little. Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Your life is so busy, but you seem to have it under control. Hope it works out for the cat.

Katie said...

I'd be interested to hear how that vinegar idea works out!