Sunday, September 10, 2006

Triathlon!

Grrr...blogger is not letting me load pictures right now, but when it does, I will certainly post some of the great triathlon. David and I both completed the race and it was very exciting. The swimming part was definitely the most challenging for me, since we had trained for it about two times. David very kindly waited for me so that I did not have to swim alone, which was a lifesaver because I probably would not have pushed myself as much as I did had he not been there. As it was, it took me about 40 minutes to complete the swimming portion, and I was the last person out of the water. Some of our friends happened to be life guarding the event in canoes, so they kept cheering us on throughout the course.
After that, however, we went on to the biking and did pretty well. The problem was that by that time we were so far behind everybody else that we could not catch up with anyone to pass them. However, during the running portion, we did catch and pass two men, ages 70+, who were walking the course.
Our friends came and cheered us on at the finish line, which was very fun. After the race we got massages, free chicken, and medals! I will post pictures as soon as blogger lets me do so. I am so excited that I completed the triathlon and decided that it is probably one of the biggest challenges I have ever faced in my life. After doing the swimming, my legs felt like jelly, but I kept pushing myself (with cheering from David) and finished. David is already planning for our next triathlon, but I am planning for the good night's rest I hope to get tonight.

3 comments:

golfer said...

It was an amazing accomplishment and you both should be very proud. Wish I could have been there to cheer you and David on.

Anonymous said...

I am sad I wasn't there to see you two compete. You should be very proud of yourselves!

~Sarah

Kathy said...

Do you think it was the swimming suits?!