Friday, June 02, 2006

Washington D.C. at night

Tonight a group of Truman students and I walked around the memorials in Washington. It was a lot of fun, but I forgot my camera! Luckily, my friend Justis (the guy in this picture) brought his, so I just ganked some of his pictures.
We saw the Washington Monument and the WWII Memorial. I loved the WWII memorial--it was absolutely beautiful and very moving. After that, we went to the Lincoln Monument, the Korean Memorial, and walked by the Department of State. My legs hurt now that I am home!
Tomorrow a group of us is meeting at the Smithsonian so we can explore the museums, and afterwards we are eating in Georgetown. I think we will have a fun day.

2 comments:

kisa said...

I loved walking around to all the monuments at night. D.C. is a pretty cool city, I suppose.

Kathy said...

How nice that you are able to hang out with college friends in Washington, D.C. I'm glad you're having fun.