Monday, June 26, 2006

Apparently we've run out of conversation, so I am discussing the weather

Washington is flooded. It has been raining since last Thursday almost non-stop! Today the IRS and the Department of Justice were closed, and tomorrow several places are giving their workers liberal leave. Subways were shut down today due to flooding and a parkway near my apartment is also submerged.

Some of my intern friends had the day off! There was no real flooding near my internship except for the subway station. This afternoon, the entire floor was covered with about a half an inch of water. That was so gross in which to wade. The subway itself is over ground at the stop, so it was not affected. I had not run since last Wednesday, and finally tonight I got so sick of no exercise that I ran in the rain. Some of my co-workers who traveled for the weekend were stuck outside of D.C. for hours yesterday.

Tonight it continues to rain and we wonder what will be closed tomorrow. Hopefully it will end soon!

3 comments:

kisa said...

That sounds like a disaster. I hope that you don't get trapped in the city by floods!

Kathy said...

It's a good thing you are heading to Missouri, where we have been wishing every day it would rain!
We're looking forward to seeing you soon.

rosemary85 said...

Maybe you should build an ark---can't wait to see you on Tues.
Get your Czech pictures ready!