Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Regular Intern

Yesterday I arrived in Washington safe and sound. My flight went very well and I found the apartment without any trouble. Last night I practically fell into bed and went to sleep.

This morning I woke up early to run and explore my neighborhood. It is so great! The apartment is in a wonderful location--near a Metro stop and close to the sights. I found some essential spots, like a cellular phone store and also a grocery store.

After running I readied myself for my internship. My commute was pretty easy, once I found the actual metro entrance. It always takes me a long time to find those things--it was even a problem in Prague! After asking two guys sweeping the street, I figured it out and hopped on the subway (after paying my fare of $2.15, a huge increase from my fare in Prague, which was just $1.00). I arrived at the office and most of the workers greeted me upon entering. The office is pretty small but very friendly. I think this internship will be a lot of fun for me. The project on which I am working involves getting representation for D.C. citizens in Congress. I do a lot of research on the computer.

Tonight I figured out some cell phone business and unpacked a little. Tomorrow is another day at my internship!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck!!

kisa said...

That will be the end of their "taxation without representation" license plates!