Saturday, May 13, 2006

Home Again

This weekend has been great. After arriving home yesterday, I hung out and then visited Cindy for a while. Ryan, David, and I got Blizzards, which are my favorite dessert treat. This was way exciting for me because I had not even seen a Blizzard for three and a half months.

Today my family, David, and I all went to my brother's high school district track meet. That was pretty exciting, because he got third place in the 300 meter hurdles! Attending the track meet made me realize how much I enjoyed track in high school and how much I miss running in a competition. Don't worry--I'm not motivated enough to enter any races besides the Farber Fun Fest. There was some kind of hoopla about how I had always told David that I was All-Conference in track because I placed sixth in the triple jump one year at the conference meet. My dad asserts that I needed to place either first or second in order to be All-Conference, so now all claims to athletic fame are dashed, except for my Miss Track award my senior year. While I was in Prague, I ran about 50-60 minutes a day, so I hope to keep that habit going this summer.

Now that I have been home for a while it seems that my entire study abroad experience has been a dream. Nothing has really changed since I have been gone. Now I have to start unpacking, which is a pretty daunting task.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers who read my blog!

3 comments:

kisa said...

I don't even know what to think anymore. Our whole relationship has been based on a lie!

Anonymous said...

roro said.....
Abbie I am glad you made it back to the States safe and sound. I'm glad you had a great trip abroad. This will be something that you can remember the rest of your life.I loved reading your blog.

Kathy said...

Abbie, you were Miss Track?! I just read Davey's goofy post about the racoons and am amused that you think your European blogging might have been a dream, too!