Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cousin fun

This weekend I went to my cousin Maggie's graduation party. It was pretty fun--I always love seeing all of my cousins. The picture above was taken at my cousin Colleen's eighth grade graduation last week (she is in the middle). Patrick, the dude on the left, beat me today at ping-pong with a score of 8-11. I want to play him again sometime and try to win!

Tomorrow I leave for Washington, D.C. For the next five weeks, I am interning at FairVote, a non-profit organization. Hopefully I will also meet with some PSP friends and see the city! I am excited about my internship but sad to leave home after being in the country for such a short amount of time. At any rate, I think this internship will be a wonderful experience. I plan to update while in Washington, so keep checking my blog! Here is a description of my internship, taken off the FairVote website:
Right To Vote Initiative - The Center For Voting and Democracy is actively lobbying to gain support for H.J. Res 28, a proposed amendment to the U.S. Constitution to add a right to vote. An intern with the Right To Vote Initiative will help in lobbying efforts for this amendment and assist in efforts to promote other electoral reforms such as same-day voter registration, provisional ballot standardization and improvement to voting machinery. The intern will have the opportunity to develop advocacy materials, draft press releases, help organize state-based lobbying groups and build support through outreach. As a benefit the intern should walk away from this experience with a better understanding of the legislative process and the constitutional reform movement.

Before hopping on the plane, I am going to lunch with some of David's family, which should be fun. It will be good to see him again before I leave. I will miss my family and friends (again)!

1 comment:

kisa said...

I would be happy to train you at the table tennis. I think you have a gift.