Saturday, April 22, 2006

London!


Hi everybody! It feels like it has been forever since I've actually written for my blog. This weekend I hit 3,000 visitors, so I am pretty excited! Please keep checking!
Colleen and I had a wonderful spring break. Our trip was great, and we didn't have any problems. I plan to post about each city at a time, and our first stop was London.
On Friday we arrived and found our hostel. We stayed in Greenwich, which is actually outside of London just a little. Once we got settled we headed for the city and saw Big Ben, the Parliment houses, Buckingham Park, and Hyde Park. That night we had a picnic in Green Park, which is near Buckingham Palace. It was so cool! After that we walked around London for a while to see the night lights, but we made it an early night as we were very tired from traveling that day.
On Saturday we woke up early and decided to walk to central London from our hostel. This was a big mistake because the walk was sooo long, but we eventually made it to the center. That day we had another picnic and then attended a Holy Saturday service at Westminster Abbey! That was pretty cool, because an all-male choir sang some songs in Latin, some of which I understood. After that we went to Hyde Park and had tea, which was cool because it was raining and the atmosphere was really nice. However, after that, we got to do something really cool.....

We went to Abbey Road! I was very excited because I love the Beatles. It took us a while to find it, but I was so excited that I didn't care. We walked across the road and signed the wall:

I loved it! Everybody wrote their favorite song, so that is why I wrote "Dear Prudence".

The next day we remembered that the Prime Meridian passed through Greenwich, so we decided to find it. I was so excited to stand on the line. After that, we ate breakfast and headed to Dublin.

4 comments:

kisa said...

London looks ok. I don't think it's quite as pretty as Kirksville, though. Did you ride on the monster Ferris Wheel?

Sarah said...

That trip sounds like so much fun!

Kathy said...

Abbie, Tom and I will be in London three weeks from today! I would never have thought to search out Abbey Road--but since it was almost named after you, that is cute!

Anonymous said...

Abbie! Im so jealous you went to London! I loved London when I went this Summer. I miss you and cant wait to hear all about your trip! It seemslike you are having such a great time and getting to go to so many places. I love London!!!!